We are so excited!
All 13 yogis who trained at The Hot Yoga Factory this past fall/winter and submitted videotapes of their three-minute routine have received invitations to move on to the next phase of competition at the Northeast Regional Yoga Asana Championship on March 10, 2018, in Burlington Vermont.
It’s going to be an amazing day, and I’m looking forward to cheering our yogis on. Here are 5 reasons you might want to join us!
- Your fellow yogis will appreciate your support. They are doing something incredibly brave and exciting and hard, and when they get up on stage, knowing people from their yoga family are in the audience will be motivating and reassuring.
- You will have a chance to examine Half Moon, Standing Head to Knee, Standing Bow Pulling, Bow, Rabbit, Stretching, and Spine Twist Postures in a way that’s just not possible during class. You’ll also see people do postures that we don’t do in the beginner’s class, which is also inspiring.
- You’ll get a sense of the larger community of yogis and studios who do the same exact series we do in class. There are vendors and sponsors and yoga everywhere you look. Time for some yoga nerdery!
- You’ll see people of all ages, backgrounds, body types, experience levels challenging themselves to their very edges. Note: If you are the type of person who tends to get weepy watching humans doing wonderful things, please bring extra Kleenex.
- You just might feel inspired to train for next year’s competition.
If you feel like making it a weekend (Burlington has plenty of charms, including a Bikram studio!), click through the link above, for information about reduced rate accommodations.
–Ellen Olson-Brown, The Hot Yoga Factory Chelmsford