How to Prepare for a successful first class!
- Show up 15 minutes before class starts.
- Don’t be scared! Everyone in the room had a first time and liked it enough to come back.
- Listen to the teacher’s detailed instructions and follow along as best you can.
- Leave judgement outside the hot room. Whatever your body can do is perfect for you today.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your nose, unless instructed otherwise. Breathing is the most important thing to focus on during class.
- If you need to take a break take one. Sit down, have a drink, and jump back in when you can.
What to bring
- A positive attitude, this will take you farther than flexible muscles!
- A yoga mat – thin is better than thick as we have a padded floor*
- A beach towel or bath towel to lay on top of your mat*
- A water bottle*
** Mats, towels and water bottles are available to rent or buy.
What to wear
As little as possible! No, really! You want to be able to see your body in the mirror so avoid long pants or long sleeved shirts. Exercise bras, yoga shorts, or capris are good for women. Exercise shorts are good for men. AVOID HEAVY cotton fabric; choose fabric designed for sweating.
What to Avoid
- Dehydration – Drink more water than usual the day before your first class.
- Eating – It is best not to eat within 3 hours of class time.
- Caffeine – Try and avoid caffeinated beverages 6 hours before class.
- Expectations – You have never done this before. Try and stay in the moment and just see what is possible.
Why wait? Click here to register for a class
Or if you prefer, complete a New Student Registration form at the studio before your first class. Students under 18 years old MUST have a parent/guardian signature on the registration form for their first class. Click on link below to download and print the registration form.